Friday, December 4, 2009

GASP! The Horror of it all...

One of my poor, poor, students made a grevious error last week.  He was setting up a web banner and deciding on a font.  Didn't really care for his choice, didn't fit with the content he chose.  I was talking with him and he said "Well, it's only a Font."

Horrors!!!!!  Poor kid walked right into a teaching moment.  Right then and there, I stopped the class and went into a 10 minute lecture on business identity and font choice.  Said I'd phone Billabong and Element and let them know they wasted MILLIONS of dollars in advertising money, because obviously they didn't need to pay so much attention to lettering style.  All of this was of course not a standard lecture, but a dramatic plea for the use of imagination and planning in their choices.  My victim knows me well, and had a little smile on his face the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment