Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunflower and Finch Day

I was determined to get some good shots of my garden birds today.  So I sat out in the yard for hours reading an e-book.  I left the camera on and just let it go into standby.  When I heard them, I'd pick up the camera and try to get them.

Success!  Today, Finches and Sunflowers, Tomorrow will be Hummingbird Day.


Finch on top of the Sunflowers - Hello there Birdy!

Sunflowers are about 10' tall.  Volunteers every year.



Sunflowers with a Bee.  I know it's not a Finch, but I liked the picture.

Bzzzz.


Finch taking off
Whhheeeeee!!!


Resting Finch
Looks like a yellow cottonball.



And of course, the most detailed, best close up, is of a bird butt.
Reminds me of a scene from Ace Ventura when he's talking to his friend at the desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment