Wednesday, January 5, 2011

How I get my toys

"I" as in "I get to use" a Cannon T1i, with two 2.8 lenses.  One at 70-200, one fixed 115 with Macro.

They are not mine.  The reason I get to use them is this:





Do I work for the local paper?  No.

Am I a hobbiest?  No, that wouldn't pay for the equipment.

I am a High School Yearbook Advisor.  I also teach Visual Media as part of a Professional Technical program in Idaho.  So, I'm in charge of getting the pictures.  Sometimes the kids sign up to do them, sometimes I take a student with me to train, and other times I go for fun.  This was a fun game.  Alas, we did not win (our shooting ratio needs to be better), but it was a GREAT GAME.

Taking pictures of the students is a BLAST.  The athletes are amazing, the kids that come to cheer are awesome,  the band is wonderful.  I love my MANIACS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment