Sunday, April 19, 2015

We Were Gardening Fools Today!

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Started out by making a quiche for Kermit and me.  It turned out well.  Late breakfast, laid around and goofed off until about 11am.

After breakfast, Kermit and I got to work!

Yesterday, we went plant shopping at Hay's in Clarkston.  They have really good plant stock. 

A plug for Green Things Nursery in Orofino - don't know I'd survive without their local knowledge! 

Today, 9 bags of dirt with manure mixed in from Orofino Builder's Supply.  All of my finished compost, and the leaf/bunny shavings mix I had rotting.

Planted

Early Girl
Roma
Gypsy Pepper
Sun Gold
Anaheim
Pablano
Jalepeno
24 annual flowers mostly Dianthus, Wave Petunias in burgundy, and some grasses for filler.
Quinalt strawberries
Basil - wherever I get this, they come all packed together and you have to rip the poor things apart.  They are all floppy right now, but they always seem to snap into it and produce like crazy.

Seeded 

Chard
Radish
Annual flower that I did not identify for the envelope last year.  It says "I have no idea what this is, but I must have liked it since I saved it."  Now there's some good record keeping for you.

Fiber Optic Grass with Raspberry Dianthus


Roma Tomatoes, Basil, and Radishes



Early Girl Tomatoes, Basil, and Radish


Strawberry Patch  - Quinalt from Green Things and Hay's in Clarkston.
It has welded wire and netting over is so I actually get to eat some of them.  The dogs and birds love the.


Lettuce - almost ready to eat!  Will seed some more on Monday.
Welded wire so the birds didn't eat the seed.
Last year was not a good lettuce year because nothing sprouted.


The chipping and shredding pile from heck.


But then that pile turns into the BEST mulch EVER.


I'll put up the annual mix tomorrow.  

I'm a little sunburnt, but I feel great.





No comments:

Post a Comment