Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spring is Coming!

Or at least the weather is cooperating for a little bit.  Today was Beautiful!

Took my Rickety Old Rottweiler Hanna for a walk around the block.  She really enjoyed that.  Then Kermit (my husband) and I took Maggie and Penny for a walk around the neighborhood.

Kermit opened all the windows in the house for a nice airing out.  The first time this happens every year is so sweet.  The air is so clean and crisp, gets the musty out of the house after a long cold winter.  He also cleared out the stairs from the outside to the basement.  I don't exactly know how it started, but when shoes no longer fit, or whatever, we'd just throw them down there.  Kermit just picked up about 15 years worth of shoes.  We've cleaned it out before, but it was quite stacked up down there.

Then I got to play in the dirt!  Well, it's still mud.  Dug up some vinca.  Nice up on the hill, put a pain in the perennial beds.  Just wants to take over everything.  Cut back some bushes and looked at different plants peeking up out of the ground.

White Hyacinth


Tree Peony



One of my vegetable beds with a row cover on it.  I put in lettuce seed, but so far just wildflowers have come up.  The stool is an old milk jug with a seat from a tractor welded onto it that my neighbor made and gave me a few years ago.  The rocks in front really need to be moved.  I need to hire a strong teenager to haul rocks, move fallen limbs from the big winter storm, and general back breaking work that I don't want to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment