Monday, April 18, 2011

Finally, no rain!

On Saturday, I finally got out and was able to set out a lot of seed.  We did some transplants about a week ago and I don't think I told you about those either.


We added two Japanese Maples, two Daub's Frosted Juniper, and two Canyon Blue Willows.  I'll get pictures of those when the Japanese Maples leaf out.


In the annual boxes, I put out mesculun, radishes, spinach, carrots, larkspur, and a flat leaf parsley that mimics the taste of celery.  I used to have a plant called Burnet that tasted like cucumbers.  I need to get that again.


I took some pictures of my spring flowers a week or two ago.  Here they are:


Open Hyacinth - you saw the unopened ones a few posts back.  They are now in their decline.  I love the way they smell out in the garden, but they are like lilies to me; too strong a fragrance for inside.






Daffodils







An early season tulip.  There is also a more orange variety in the garden that multiplied quite well.



I didn't take pictures of the seeded beds because they are just dirt and boring.  I look forward to chronicling their growth though.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how far ahead you are..I haven't seen a tulip in bloom!

    ReplyDelete