Wednesday, March 30, 2011

So how are the seedlings you ask?

Some are good thank you, I mourn the loss of others, cut down in their prime.

Under the heading of "If it isn't broke, don't fix it."  All the starts I tried to put into dirt out of water died.  I do not have pictures of the carnage.

Things are going well for the Peppers and Chamomile.  

Some Boxwood Basil and the Catnip are doing fine too.


The weird looking brown stuff on top of the dirt is cinnamon, which is supposed to stop damping off, which is what happened to this poor flat of basil.  
They all toppled over, so I stopped doing anything to them and let the dirt dry out.  I dumped it out into a pot outside today.

Yes, I went outside today even though it is Raining, Raining, Raining.  Hanna went out with me.  She loves being out in the rain.  She also loves to be toweled dry, but you'd never know it from looking at this picture. 

She just hates the flashbulb.  You would also not be able to detect that SOME Rottweiler (who me?) was in my garbage can.  Hence the basil seed packet top by her schnozzle.

If it ever stops raining, I will go plant some seeds.  Here's my stash right now.

I can hardly wait!

1 comment: