Sunday, May 8, 2011

Been busy in the yard...

In between rain that is. But, it is perfect weather to transplant things. Cloud cover, light rain are nice to transplants.


Put out some chamomile recently, transplanted some lavendar and sage. Three new lavendar plants, don't remember the type. It has foliage that is a little bit more gray than what I have now. Joan at Green Things said it has a nice mounding habit, which is what I wanted.


Our pond was really, really, green. Additives are very expensive, so we blew a big wad of cash on a UV filter for the pond. It's housed in a Koi sculpture that is a spitter, so it looks good too. Of COURSE, I left my camera at school this weekend, so no pics today. I'll take and post some this week.


We rearraged the rocks a little, and I started to add flower pots for the season. I could not find bowl planters in town, so I'm going to have to buy two online. I'm going to hide the new hardware with them.


The fish LOVE the new spitter. It also makes the water go in a nice circle. The fish float in the stream, then get under the waterfall and Swwwooooossshhhh....get pushed into the middle of the pond. If they don't want to be pushed, they just go off to the side. Quite fun to watch.


I did a LOT of work up on the hill last week. Cleared the paths, put out poppy seed, did a bit of weeding. None of the ferns made it through the winter.


Today I put out about 8 sweet pepper plants, two large variety of tomato, two Sungolds, and four Early Girls. I hope it stays cloudy for a few days.


On the stairway going up the terrace, I put three different varieties of Petunias. Two Waves, four Dreams Midnight, and another dark purple type that I can't find the tag for. In a low bowl, I put Live Wire fiberoptic grass, and a Mezoo Trailing Red Dorotheanthus.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see photos of all the progress..get that camera home!

    ReplyDelete