Friday, May 13, 2011

Garden News

Spring has definitely sprung in Orofino Idaho!  We've still had some clouds and rain, but some spectacular days for getting lots done outside.

Here is the UV set we bought.  It WORKED!!  The pond is clear to the bottom.  

Since the pond is clear, now I can take pictures of the fish.  3 Koi, and 2 feeder fish.  The white Koi is 8 years old.


Here's a different view of the spitter, showing more of the landscape now that it has had some time to mature.  We just moved the two Japanese Maples from the front yard to the current spots here.  They were volunteer seedlings many years ago.



That's my lovely Hanna in the background.  This is a close up I took that evening.


A frog and a toad have made the pond their home.  I didn't want to disturb the toad, he lives in the skimmer.  But my frog buddy doesn't complain about the paparazzi bugging him.  I want to name him, but am having a hard time coming up with something.  Post it on Facebook if you think of a cool name.  Can't be Kermit, that's my husband's name online.




Tomorrow I'll post some pics of my transplants and tell you a story of "The Lizard that Lived."

No comments:

Post a Comment