Friday, July 6, 2012

Challenges and Joys...

Having a new young dog is awesome and a little tiring at times.  She is a counter surfer, even bolder than Farro if those of you who knew how Farro was can imagine.

So, I set up a Sofie Defense System.  Those cans have pennies in them.  In theory, when they knock them over, it will frighten them and they'll stop putting their paws up there and stealing things.  OH, like two servings of fresh Cherry Cobbler.  

I see two problems with this and Sofie.  One, she isn't phased by many noises now that she's acclimated.  Two, no more than a few minutes after this shot, I was sitting at the dining room table.  Sofie went over to these cans, daintily put her paws inbetween them and sniffed the cans.  Did not even wobble them.


So we'll see.  I'm sure she'll try to get up there at some point in time today.

Out in the garden today:
Sofie with her Koi


Penny being a flat dog.

Penny by a garden box of Basil, Sweet Peppers, Sunflowers, Cucumbers and Beans.

Bean Sprouts

Cucumber Seedlings

Sofie's big paw and my white foot.

How to tell that it's early and that I haven't had coffee yet.




1 comment:

  1. I love Sophie's intensity with the koi. :) Cute!

    ReplyDelete