Friday, June 22, 2012

She's with me!

Sofie and I are chilling out at a Motel 6 in Butte.  I got up at 6:30, chatted with the owner of the Vagabond in  Anaconda, MT - very nice lady.  Clean room, and I got a good night's sleep.  They had a little breakfast waiting for their customers, so I got some cereal and coffee.


Thank goodness, because it turned into a really long day.  Fueled up the car, bought a Starbucks Frappacino, two granola bars, and headed out.


The land around here is gorgeous and it's a very easy drive.  When I got into Idaho Falls, I called the rescue lady.  The poor thing was transporting my dog with a stomach flu!  So we decided we'd meet in a town called Victor.


We traded info and the dog, and back on the road we went.  Sofie loves her crate.  I can't say how much easier that makes everything - Thank you Big Sky Rottweiler Rescue for training that!


I must say I stand corrected about a point of view I've always had about Clearwater County.  I always say "It's in the middle of nowhere."  OH, NO IT'S NOT.  The drive from Missoula to Idaho Falls - THAT'S in the middle of nowhere.  Sometimes there would be signs to off-ramps saying "No Services."  Better than "Keep Driving Fool."


Sofie and I arrive in Idaho Falls, and she's still kind of spazzing out, so I went to the front desk and said a magic sentence that got me out of our reservation with no charges.  "My brand new 11mo old 65 lb Rottweiler is somewhat freaking out.  I thought it would be best if we kept driving."


The front desk person did not hesitate as her eyes got really big and said  "Done, have a nice drive and be safe."


We stopped at a rest stop about 120miles in, and it had flags waving in the wind.  She did not make it past those flags.  Plus, the highway traffic was also bothering her.  So we went for a quick walk, potty break for me and her (I used the bathroom thank you very much)   Then got back in the car, 170 more miles and 5:30pm, and...Here we are.

Things I noticed about her on the drive:  
She does not like the band Bush.  She likes Linkin Park and 3rd Eye Blind.  She DETESTS the windshield wipers when the thump across the window.  She's a nester.  Took all the blankies I had in the crate and arranged them into a butt rest and a pillow.  She does not like loud noises.  We'll go out for two more mini-walks, then snoozerino!  She's was already snoring a little while ago.





I thought she might look a Little like Hanna, but she looks a LOT like Hanna.  
Very different personality though.

What a dweeb.  We'll work on prettier sits.

Aren't I cute?

ZZZZzzzzz.





1 comment:

  1. Wow, she looks SUPER long in that last pic -- HolidaysDad (from MSP)

    ReplyDelete